CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
Senior Chief Technology Officer with 25 years of expertise in leadership positions who has developed a unique and potent combination of business and technical skills and abilities. With a passion for collaboration, thirst for continuous improvement and a commitment to optimum results.
✓ Executive Management/Leadership ✓ Agile Methodologies ✓ Software as a Service (SaaS) ✓ Technical Architecture ✓ System Integration ✓ Software Development ✓ Data Warehousing/Analytics ✓ Security and Risk Management ✓ Product Management ✓ Team Building and Development ✓ Cloud Computing ✓ User Experience (UX)
Evvnt | London, UK
Built a scalable, high availability, white-labeled event ticketing platform. Including strategic planning, fundraising, budgeting, hiring, retaining, training and galvanizing a technical team to deliver high quality, innovative analytics, and web and mobile products.
- Built secure, scalable, multi-lingual, multi-currency, cloud based self service event ticketing and marketing platform with $65 million in sales over 800,000 events.
- Created an international, multi-currency, multi-product data warehouse and analytics.
- Created an always be shipping agile culture/process with the ability to reliably deploy product in parallel many times a day.
- Increased quality by 500% reducing defects, increasing retention, satisfaction and reducing customer support load.
- Recruited, hired and retained talented technical/product team in the face of significant pandemic market challenges.
- Designed and lead DevOps transformation to a blue-green, reliable scalable cloud based operational infrastructure. Resulted in an increased development speed and site/deployment reliability by 400% and lowered infrastructure costs by 75%.
- Defined a company wide design system based on Google’s Material Design.
- Built open source front end presentation layer that results in new products/features being developed 300-500% faster with higher quality and design system consistency.
- Note: Operated as Geotix until its acquisition by Evvnt in July of 2020.
- Created/managed strategic roadmap across product lines, collaborating with cross department business owners.
- Team growth/hiring domestically and off-shore.
- Managed operational and headcount budgets.
- Managed external partner selection, relationships and integrations.
- Managed personnel across product, data and support departments/teams.
Created, designed and manufactured the software, hardware and every other element of a beloved product that allows golfers to improve their game and play against others across the globe.
- Generated over $40 million in revenue, with loyal fans worldwide.
- Twice an Inc 500 fastest growing company.
- Featured on the Golf Channel, carried in every major golf retailer.
- Built Live multi-platform gaming server, key and licensing server.
- Built an aggregating order management/shipping system.
- Built a powerful integration server with a durable data pipeline for managing complex integration managing shipping routing, external system failures, including EDI integration with major retailers.
- Responsible for hardware and software design, marketing, advertising, PR, sales, fundraising, international manufacturing, order-fulfillment, accounting and customer support.
Responsibly for every major technical decision, project, release and development process. Reported directly to the co-founder and CTO.
- Joined Concur as employee 40 and served as the lead architect up to 800 employees.
- Product lead revenue growth from $1 million to $350 million annually.
- IPO in less than five years — eventual acquired by SAP for $8.2b
- Built the first client server version of the product (2.0). This product launched Concur into the enterprise space.
- Designed and led the team that delivered one of the first web business apps in production anywhere. Included the design of an object transport markup that pre-dates and was very similar to json.
- Launched SaaS version of expense. It was one of the first SaaS products to market.
- Managed technical and cultural integration of multiple acquired companies.
- Designed and led major international rewrite (7.0), including multilingual, multi currency version of the expense product.
- Created platform that allowed deep customization of core product by the system integration team, driving 40% of enterprise revenue
- Introduced and scaled agile methodologies to team sizes as large as 75 people.
- Designed and coded the rules and workflow engine, still running the backbone of Concur.
- Lead all major product release projects/teams during tenure.
- Responsible for all technology platform and architecture decisions.
- Managed up to 75 people with direct line authority, and 200 people with indirect authority.
- Sales technical closer for key fortune 100 accounts, including Sprint, and SBC.
- Speaker at annual users conference and industry technical conferences.
- Ensuring no brown M&M’s.
B.S. Mathematics/Computer Science, Magna cum Laude, Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University
- Senior Thesis: Chaos Theory - Self-Similarity of the Mandelbrot Set
- Awards: Outstanding Senior in Mathematics
- Member: William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition